This seminar describes the concept of principled negotiation and introduces practical techniques for conducting successful negotiations in many situations.
Unlike basic negotiation training, this seminar explains how to handle difficult negotiation situations, where the Project Manager has little power compared to their counterpart, or where cultural differences creates unexpected situations. It also reveals opportunities to negotiate which would often be missed.
By the end of this training, participants should be able to:
- Communicate clearly and assertively
- Trade concessions, rather than give away profit
- Recognize opportunities to negotiate better project conditions
- Apply a logical, step-by-step process to make lasting, workable agreements
- Control scope creep by making fair trade- offs which maximize customer satisfaction
- Recognize and handle unfair negotiation tactics and strong emotions